Sunday, November 12, 2006

Birthday Girl


Here is the Birthday Girl posing as royalty.

Well. There's a new tradition at kids birthday parties around here of NOT opening the presents at the party. I think it's brilliant. No meltdowns, or jealousy, or overkill. Your presents, your way, in your own sweet time.
Want to open only one a day? Go for it.
So this said, I didn't get a chance to see how the little shoes went over at the birthday party. I did take my sil aside and tell her that if she preferred the ones Fifi had on, (the unadorned slippers)-- I would make a new pair, likewise if they were too small. I have another friend who offered to buy a pair so if the purple ones didn't please her Highness, the birthday Princess-- they already had a alternate home.
I just got a phone call from my sil. We were both in tears. She told me they were heirloom quality and she was blown away. Addie calls them : Purple Softness

No comments: