Saturday, February 24, 2007

Love Is All Around


We made these Valentines for Fiamma's kindergarten class. I was sort of in a hurry to get them done because I waited until the night before Valentines to do them, and I was sick, and I was set on starting and finishing a Valentine's skirt as a present for Fi. So I had her draw an image and then photocopied it. We cut them out and stuck them on some pretty colored cards I had in the supplies, and then the crowning touch was sticking on these funny Japanese erasers with pictures of hamsters dressed up. Or maybe the crowning glory was Fiamma writing Happy Valentine's, Love Fiamma in 18 cards. She's getting so big. She can write! Hallelujah. That project finished...phew... on to the skirt.


I made Fiamma a Valentine's skirt. I used an old pattern I bought at ThriftTown for .29 cents.
Here's some detail of the skirt:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(Hey, look, it works!)

adore that skirt. seriously - so cute.
and i really like that you put something other than candy on the valentines! remember when people used to just give cards? :)

'Zann said...

Thank you so much for holding me up with your comment on my blog. It means a great deal that you expressed your appreciation of my poem and the tragedy of losing my son. and the candle...you're a peach.

I would like to say that I love your bravery in posting the belly pictures. You spoke for many bellies!

and the purple shoes...such sweetness.

Heartfelt mothering energy to you an yours!
Zann